Monday, October 29, 2012

She Is Her Fathers Daughter

Sup!
I am trying to go full steam ahead on Lorna's scrapbook as I really want to send it to her for Christmas. I am not a particularly fast scrapper so I better get the lead out. This next layout was originally based on a Citrus Twist sketch which I will post cause it is a really cool sketch but by the time I was done with it my layout looked nothing like it. I usually, even when working off a sketch, draw out my layout and then pick out papers and embellies to go with it. However, I decided on this layout to "just go with it" and put it together "real quick". Well, it turned out to not be so quick nor did I feel like I was "just going with it at any point" so I will NEVER use that method again. Okay, I am rambling. Oh yeah, the sketch was done by Sandy Ang if you get a chance, check out her blog cause she rocks. I love her stuff.
Here is the sketch I bastardized.....
Cool huh! I know. This is my warped version of it.......

Its not the worst layout ever but about the only thing that resembles the original is the angled paper. again, my lack of planning facilitated that.




This is Robb and Jewell in a hot tub enjoying themselves immensely. I like the rock n roll hand gesture they are both displaying. It immediately made me think of the title, She Is Her Fathers Daughter.



Again, I am really tring to go back to basics on scrapbooking, focusing on things like repetition, visual triangles and the things that really make a layout pop. I have been scrapbooking since May of this year and I am ready to bump my layouts up. Get them to that next level. Making sure your foundation is strong is probably the best way to do that.
Alrighty, so there ya have it.

PRODUCTS USED: Papers - Studio Calico & Basic Grey
Embellies: Letters AC Thickers & AC (the tiny ones). Glitz - frame. Basic Grey - toothpick flags. Paper die cuts - My Minds Eye & Elles Studio. Pink Paislee - Chipboard hearts. Ribbon - Maya Road.
Heart paperclip - Maya Road. Mini paperclips - I wish I knew, they are adorable and I am almost out. I heart this stamp - Technique Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment