Friday, October 5, 2012

Our Sweet Boy

Sup!
So this layout I started on October 1st but I have been battling a toothache and an eventual tooth extraction all this week so I did not finish it up until today. For those of you who know me, you know that was torture for me not being able to scrap all week. At any rate, with tooth gone and infection under control I have completed a layout for Lorna's scrapbook titled Our Sweet Boy. It is a tribute to their dog, Irie who just passed away this past year. He had been a part of their lives for a long time so it hit all of them hard. I did not want to bring up his passing in the layout, as I know there will be a time in the future when they will be able to look at his life without thinking about the pain of his death.
I used a sketch from Paper Secrets which was this:
My take on the sketch looks like this:
I also combined the sketch challenge with the Layers Upon Layers Challenge over at Colorful Creations. The challenge, as the name would imply is to use layers in your layout. I LOVE layers. I adore them. I use them, in some capacity in every layout.


For the layering I used lots of papers behind the main paper and I layered some misting on top of the gesso on the bottom kraft paper.
The journaling talks about how a dogs ears are really angel wings that bring our babies down to us.


I found some Bo Bunny pleated fabric which I used along the bottom of the photos and I fell in love with that stuff. I used DIY Thickers for the letters which I HATE in the DIY capacity. Once you remove the top layer and expose the sticky side to DIY they lose their shape and are not cooperative at all. I left the top layer on and used them as white letters but I will not be buying them again.

SUPPLIES USED:
Papers - October Afternoon, Echo Park and Studio Calico
Gesso - Artisits loft
Mask - Prima Donna Downey Studios
Mist - Luminarte Blue Flame
Embellishments - Industrial Chic key, Maya Road pins, Prima wood trinkets Ribbons from Michael s  Bo Bunny wraps. Letters DIY Thickers.

So there ya have it.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome job with the sketch! I am sorry for their loss, it is a hard thing to lose a pet, but I am sure this page will bring them great joy at some point. I love all the texture you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layering and misting! What a super sweet tribute to their special little pup. Fantastic job with the sketch and thanks for playing along at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout! love the layering all the details! Thanks for playing with us at PS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this! Nice take on the sketch! Thanks for joining our sketch challenge this month at Paper Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your distressing & layering! Thanks for participating at Paper Secrets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute page! Love the photos and all your distressing! Thanks for joining us at PS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely layout and terrific distressing! thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! This won the October 1st challenge at Paper Secrets! I did a happy Snoopy dance when I found out!

    ReplyDelete