Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beautiful You

Sup!
I just completed another layout for Lorna's album. This one is based off a designer sketch challenge over at Colorful Creations which looks like this:
And here is my take on the sketch
I actually completed this layout rather quickly, for me at any rate, since I had been mulling this layout over for some time. I drew it out, picked out the papers and embellies and put it together in one afternoon. Like I said, quick for me.
Lorna has been a dear friend of mine for over 20 years. We used to live together back in our early twenties in this really cool house in New Orleans that was her aunts until she passed away. We were pretty sure her aunt still occupied the place though. I would not trade one single memory there for all the money in the world. Apart from having my husband and pooches now, those were some of the happiest times of my life.
I wanted a layout that showed her how beautiful she truly is. Not just on the inside but on the outside too. Like many of us women, she has always questioned her beauty. I want her to see what we see when we look at her. That is why I chose three versions of the same pic.


The papers I chose specifically because of her love of music. I will always remember those drunken evenings of youth when she would play her casio for me after we got home from the bars. She would dedicate things to me because "she loved me."


The pearls and the lace flowers were added because she has always had a love of pearls and the finer things in life. She really loved going through all of her aunts old furniture and belongings and displaying them.
The butterflies I chose because she is a butterfly. Despite having so many setbacks and challenges and losses in her life she just keeps going forward and shining and improving her life. She has transformed herself despite all the setbacks.
The journaling says: "You are a wonderful mother, daughter, sister, wife and friend. I've never met anyone who possesses as much fight, spirit and kindness as you. Lorna, you are one of the most beautiful people I've ever met, inside and out. You will always have my unwavering love and devotion. I am a better person having you in my life."

Supplies Used:
Papers - Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic Collection.
Flowers - Cloth and lace flowers are Prima & the paper flowers are kaisercraft.
Embellishments - Butterflies - Studio Calico wood veneer & kraft. Rub on butterfly in upper right K & Company. Metal keyplate - Tim Holtz. Metal fleur de lis - Art i cake. Chipboard letters - Paper Studio. Paint for letters - liquid pearls Beautiful sticker lower right - Glitz.

There ya have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment