Friday, October 26, 2012

The Legacy

Sup!
So this week over at Colorful Creations the guest designer is Helen Tilbury.  Helen is one of the first scrapbook artists I became cognizant of. When I first began paying attention to not just the pages I liked but the designers I liked as well. That being said, I was a little excited, "Yay!" I gushed, "She's awesome!" So for her sketch challenge I wanted to make sure I did a really good job. Here is the sketch we worked with:
And here is my take:
Now, you know me, I am not about putting really big pics up on a layout. Heck, usually I only scrap 1 pic in a layout so even going with three was a challenge. I made the pic area smaller and embellished up the side some to make it my own.




The journaling says, "Parents who bunny ear have children who bunny ear..." The title indicates the legacy being passed down is the need to bunny ear people in photos.
This is another layout for Lorna's scrapbook. I noticed, when going through all her pics, that there was a disproportionate number of photos with the bunny ear thing happening. I had to comment on this.




 I went with my usual distressed and layered look and of course teal was in there. In fact I LOVE the teal and red combo. I think its awesome. The twisty ribbon on the right was something I lifted from Lilith E's Color Conspiracy layout. Lilith is my absolute FAVE scrapbook artist. She can do no wrong as far as I am concerned.
I also wanted to refocus my efforts on what little design knowledge I do have. Repetition, visual triangles, directing the eye, etc. which I tend to get away from quickly if I don't pay attention.
Overall I like the layout. At first I was going to omit the ribbon on the side and leave some white space but when I did the white space looked barren and seemed forced so I thought it better to put it in.

SUPPLIES:
Papers: Studio Calico, Letters - Thickers. Journaling sticker - Glitz. Metal pins - October Afternoon & Amy Tangerine. Arrow magnet - Smash. Maya Road - trinket pins & Kraft flowers. Washi Tape - various.
There ya have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment