Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cousins!

Sup!
I know. I went all out on the title didn't I? Okay, this is turning out to be one of those layouts that I just don't care for. I finished it and took a nap, hoping that when I woke up I would like it better but that just didn't happen. Wow, I set that one up real nice didn't I? Makes ya feel like ya can't wait to see it.......
Okay, so I wanted to try a different approach to this one.I LOVE layouts done by Lilith E., they are awesome so I wanted to try that approach. This is that attempt. I am going to keep working on it cause I think her work is perfect but I don't think I nailed that look yet. Sigh. I had fun with this one. I liked the stamping and the layering around the photo. Maybe its the pink I don't like. I dunno.




I tried to do lots of layering around the photo using different mediums, tissue paper, ribbon, paper, and even metal and wood. I also stamped a lot more than usual on the page. The stamp effects I actually really like. Just something about the whole bugs me. I haven't done any journaling on the lo yet and maybe that is what is getting under my skin about it.



Well, there ya have it.

SUPPLIES USED
Papers - Echo Park Happy Day
Embellies - Metal long thing - Industrial Chic. Wood flags - Basic Grey. Stamps - Lawn Fawn & Studio Calico. Ink - Distress in Broken China and Worn Lipstick. Pins - Maya Road. Paper die cuts - My Minds Eye & Studio Calico. I also cut the file tab and the tag using my Big Kick. Alphas - Jillibean Soup. Metal Pins - Crud, I can't remember, some pin company at Two Peas In A Bucket.

1 comment: