Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Ladies Lumsden

Sup!
One of Colorful Creations monthly challenges is For Girls Only, which are challenges based on, you guessed it, girls. Octobers challenge is to scrap any summer pics you have left before we are consumed with winter. At least everywhere else but here in good ole Az.. I am working on Lorna's scrapbook still so I scrapped a photo of her, her daughter, her niece and her mother visiting Disney World last summer. I also used a sketch from Creative Scrappers. In terms of straight sketch sites, you really can't get much better. The sketches are always easy to see and interpret and they have a wonderful DT so you get a wide range of layouts. At any rate the sketch, #230, looks like this:
Here is my take on the sketch and the for girls only concept:
In terms of the sketch, first my photo is in landscape not portrait so I had to change the sketch to account for that. I then had to move the title to the bottom cause it wouldn't fit on the side. I also wanted the photo towards the upper left since the people in the pic seem to be looking downish.




The journaling says, "The lovely Lumsden ladies enjoying a summer outing." I did make a two sided tag with my die cut machine because I am leaving room for Lorna to put any journaling she wants on most of the layouts.


SUPPLIES USED:
Papers - Crate Paper Random & Story Teller collections.
Fibers - Bo Bunny
Embellies - Prima wood ribbon thing....., Joilee gold stickers. Thickers letters. Paper Studio paperclip. Maya Road stick pins. Brads, I have no idea, they have been in my stash for a seriously long time.

So there ya have it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers! You did a great job with your layers!! nice details ;-)

    ReplyDelete