Thursday, November 1, 2012

We Are Family Subtitled Learn From The Best

Sup!
Alrighty, so recently I have been trying to push myself to that next level in scrapbooking. I took a class at Two Peas Called Step Up Your Scrapbooking, which for me was a good refresher course in the basics. I've also decided to straight up scraplift a few of the "masters", the people in scrapbooking whom I look up to and who's styles I like. In art school students will mimic the greats to get a better understanding of a particular style of painting so I am hoping to achieve the same kind of effect by scraplifting.
This layout, We Are Family, is a lift from Shannon Tidwell, a piece she did called......, yup, We Are Family. I love her clean, spunky style. Check out her blog if you get a chance or you can find her at Two Peas In A Bucket. Okay, here is her layout:
Cool huh! Here is my rendition:


Apart from a few minor changes, it is pretty much the same layout. I do think this was helpful, I feel like I have a much better understanding of putting layouts together using that horizontal axis.




I LOVE how Shannon sews on practically every one of her layouts but I do not have a machine, yet, so I tried hand sewing using thread and not twine. I ended up having to put the brads down cause that part underneath has a jag in the sewing, so I wanted to cover it.
I think I am going to keep up this scraplifting the masters concept for a little while longer. I don't have quite as much fun putting the layouts together but I do feel this practice is beneficial.
Well, there ya have it.

SUPPLIES USED
Papers - Kaisercraft, Studio Calico & Basic Grey, Embellies - Studio Calico, My Minds Eye, Crate Paper, Glitz, Amy Tangerine, Anna Griffin, and Basic Grey.
Alphas - October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment