Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Technique Review Via A Whodat From Way Back

Sup!
So you absolutely cannot discuss Lorna even briefly without touching upon the fact that she loves, LOVES the New Orleans Saints. Now, I consider myself a fan, I keep up with games and players. I sport many a Saints apparel, if they play here in AZ I will spend 300.00 on tickets. Lorna blows me out of the water. That girl truly does bleed black and gold. That being said it is only fitting that I do a layout paying homage to her love of the Saints.
Now, this is my first real "themed" layout. I normally just find things that I think are cool and slap them on the paper. With this one, I really did not want it to look like a sixth graders art project on their favorite team. Okay here goes:



I have not participated in many challenges this month, heck, I think only one so far, so this one will get submitted into Colorful Creations Technique Review challenge. The crux of the challenge is you must have at least 2 of the following techniques on your layout:
stitching
distressing
layering
wet embossing
dry embossing
I have everything but the stitching. The black fleur de lis and the Chipboard Saints in the lower right corner are both wet embossed. The tag to the right of the pic is dry embossed, there is a bit of distressing in there and there is layering all over the place. Shoot, now I want to go back and stitch something too.
Since the Saints colors are black and gold I stuck with the black and white and used the gold just on the emblem. I did not want to use yellow in place of the gold because it would have begun to look cheesy I think.


 I am not going to list all the manufacturers this time because, seriously, I think every single thing I used was from a different company and there is a ton of stuff on that layout.
Well, there ya have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment