Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another Lift From A Master

Sup!
So I am continuing with scraplifting the "masters" in an effort to improve my own style of scrapbooking. In art school students are encouraged to paint in the manner of Picasso or VanGogh, Monet, etc.. In so doing they gain a better perspective on painting as a whole and development of their own style. I am applying that to scrapbooking.
This Layout was a direct lift from my favorite scrapbooker. Lilith Eeckels. As far as I am concerned, she does no scrapbook wrong. Every single layout she produces I think, "Yup, now that's my favorite." She has a free and easy style and has elevated layering to a whole new level. Anyone who has an interest in scrapbooking should check out her blog, it is a fountain of inspiration.
Okay, so this is the layout she produced:
Is it not the coolest? That layering is the bomb! Okay, here is my almost direct lift:
Since we both subscribe to Scraptastic, where most of this came from, I had most of what she did. There were a few deviations but not many.





This truly was helpful to me. I adore the way Lilith can extend out the layering past the picture, making it another embellishment area in its own right. Putting this one together I gained a much better understanding of how she does it.
Since this is going into a friends scrapbook that I am giving her, I wanted to leave a place for her to put in some journaling so the tag you see on the right, is blank and ready for Lorna to fill in whatever she desires once she gets it.
So there ya have it. I think I am gonna "lift" at least one more before I go back to scrapping myself. I am really starting to miss submitting to challenges which is something you can't do when "lifting".

No comments:

Post a Comment