Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Good Man Is Hard To Find And Sew Is A Sewing Machine

Sup!
Okay, so I decided to buy a sewing machine cause I "wanted to do a little light sewing" on my layouts. I spent the first night learning everything there was to know about the piece o crap first machine I bought, only to return it, bleary eyed, to the store the next day. My second attempt, with a Singer, was MUCH better. I now, can not only get the stupid bobbin mechanism to work, but actually apply thread to my layouts in a sewing type fashion.
Okay for this layout, I pulled out all the stops. Titled, A Good Man Is Hard To Find, an homage to Lorna's husband, I am also submitting to Colorful Creations Scraplifters Retreat Challenge. This month the challenge is to lift a die cut concept from someone. I chose to scraplift, of course, Lilith Eeckels, and her fondness for die cutting titles like she did in this layout. Here is mine:

In addition to using the die cut I SEWED THE CRAP OUT OF SOME STUFF!!!! I also misted, used some gesso, masked and in general became a mixed media bad ass on this layout.



Okay so there it is. I am looking forward to getting better and better at sewing on my layouts and I plan to use that technique on pretty much every layout going forward.

MATERIALS USED:
Papers - I Lowe (not a type o they are polish papers) Scrap, Echo Park and Bazzill.
Embellies - Brads and decorative paper clip MME, stick pins - Maya Road & Little Yellow Bicycle. Tiny tags - Basic Grey. Circle Transparency Die Cut - Imaginations. Wood veneer frame - Studio Calico. Bag - I dunno. Mist - Mr. Hueys in Taxi. Ink Distress - Black Soot. Stamp - Studio Calico. Mistable stars - Studio Calico.

Well, there ya have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment