Sunday, December 2, 2012

Makin' A Splash AKA AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Sup!
So can ya tell I had some sort of struggle with this one? Why, yes, yes I did as a matter of fact. Sewing...... Started out okay but before I was done with this layout I learned how to: remove and clean the bobbin shuttle, remove the feed dog plate and clean the feed dog area, change a sewing needle, figure out how to use the automatic threader (when I couldn't thread myself I should have known the needle was bent then), clean the bobbin shuttle again, and then a third time. Finally I gave up and went with plan b. Okay here it is:



So, you see titles sewn in all the time, I thought it would look cool so I went for it. Nope, it kept jamming up, tearing the paper, all sorts of evil things took place. The word splash was my plan b, underneath there is a rip in the layout and I could not continue sewing through the entire word like I did in Makin', so I used the negative for it and put it on pop dots. Looks okay but wow oh wow it burned me on sewing through titles for a while.



Overall, I like the layout okay, I think this is a fantastic picture of Jewell, she looks so fantastic here. This was a Crate Paper intensive layout and I always love them. Alrighty then.

MATERIALS:
Papers - Crate Paper, Modern Trend. Garland - Crate Paper. Ribbon - Bo Bunny. Stickers - Crate Paper. Fabric sticker - Basic Grey. Paperclip - MME, Buttons - OA and Tormalu. Oh yeah, and that house paperclip is Maya Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment