Sunday, December 9, 2012

All My Life, A Friend And That's A Wrap!

Sup! So I finished my last layout for Lorna's album today. It is titled; "All My Life You're A Friend Of Mine" and I did use a sketch challenge from Purple Pumpkin on this one. If you've not been, go check out Purple Pumpkin, they have an awesome DT and their blog is crazy, bonkers inspiring. Here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:


Because my photo was landscape and not portrait, I flipped the whole sketch around half way but after that held pretty true to it. I sewed my beejeebas off on this layout and had a blast doing it. I have come to heart my new sewing machine. I also used my eCraft to cut out part of my title. I have come to heart it also. New toys are awesome.





I used Crate Paper's Acorn Avenue collection. I have fallen in love with Crate Paper all over again recently. I really dig this collection, it is fun and funky and fresh and other adjectives that are cool.
Oh yeah, so the album is now finished and I will send it to her tomorrow.

It was kinda funny, I have been scrapping Lorna and her family exclusively for the past little bit so I felt a little confused and disoriented when I had to choose a new photo to scrap tonight that was NOT Lorna related.
I am also sending my mom an album of mine that is full so I think that means I am now free to scrap any of the photos that were in there since I no longer have them right? Yay!
Well, there ya have it.

3 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch! And all that journaling looks wonderful too! Thanks so much for playing at Purple Pumpkin this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your layering and papers! A wonderful layout and great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch. The mix of colours works so well. Thanks for playing along at Purple Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete