Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Name Is Barnie Launches 2 New Scrapbooks!

Sup!
Well with 2 scrapbooks on their way to their new homes I needed a new project. I've decided to make two scrapbooks, one for my Aunt Mary who is Uh-Maze-Ing and for my Mother-In-Law who is also pretty wonderful. I have other people lined up to make albums for but I decided to keep it to two as any more and I might succeed in accomplishing nothing.
My Name Is Barnie I have Just Met You And Now I Love You is going in my Mother-In-Law's album. An introduction to her fur grandkids. The nice thing about sending albums off to different people is I get to re-scrap the same pictures that are my faves. Yay! This is a re-scrap and my fave photo of Barnie. It is also being submitted into a challenge at Colorful Creations, the Member Spotlight Challenge. Here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:


The photos of it came out horrible and I'm not sure why but they don't really do the layout justice. At any rate. I did a lot of background work on this one. I used a mask to ink in the chevrons and then stamped on top of them. I also used a stamp to put in the red honeycomb type texture behind the journaling tag.
I used Little Yellow Bicycle papers that I have had for forever and I thought they worked well with this photo. I think they are from the Saturday collection but I am not sure.
Well there ya have it. I am off to make my first ever card. I am going to send out Christmas cards to our customers at work. Fingers crossed they don't end up looking like a third grade class art project!

No comments:

Post a Comment