Wednesday, September 26, 2012

You Give Me OFL's Guest Designer Challenge

Sup!
This week over at Colorful Creations they have another guest designer, Wendy Morris. You can check out her blog here. I love her style, it is right up my alley. She designs for a lot of great companies, teaches, is published and most importantly is a southern girl. I suspect she may root for the Crimson Tide but I can overlook that. At any rate, she is doing a sketch challenge which looks like this:
Here is my take on it:

I did deviate some while still keeping the overall integrity of the sketch. I used one panel across the lower half instead of three and my picture orientation was different so there was accounting for that. I also wanted to put everything at an angle.




The title references an acronym I made up for Overwhelming Feelings of Love. That feeling you get when you look at someone or something you love that overtakes you for a moment. OFL's. Elwood does that for both Keith and I.
The banner is Maya Road canvas banners that I misted in those colors. I used Studio Calico wood veneer hearts that I misted red. The LO is a little on the soft and kidlike side but I like it overall.

Materials Used:
Papers - October Afternoon, Cakewalk
Mists - Mr. Hueys, Tattered Angels, and Luminarte.
Embellies - Maya Rd. canvas banners and doilies. Studio Calico wood veneer hearts. Basic Grey stick pins. Tag and ribbon from Michaels.
Well, there ya have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment