Sunday, September 16, 2012

All Because Its Carnival Time!

Sup!
This Layout I created is of my long time friend Lorna and her daughter Jewell. This picture was taken during a visit to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. We both used to live in NOLA, in fact we were roomates for a long time but now I am here in AZ and she is in a small town in Louisiana. I am making a scrapbook for her that I hope  to send to her for Christmas.
Hey! Cool Pinwheels! LOL, they worked nicely for the LO but this also gets me in a challenge over at Colorful Creations. Their monthly project challenge for September which is pinwheels.
Okay, so the layout itself is a sketch challenge over at Sketch Inspiration. Here is the sketch:
Here are some more shots of the layout.


This is the first layout I've ever done that I've matted the papers. I think it looks kinda cool. 

I used a mask and misted in some clocks in the background. The rest of the papers are Everyday Eclectic from Echo Park. I love them. Jewell loves pinks and girly tones too so I am trying to do a bunch of layouts in colors she will like. I've also left empty journaling spots in all of the layouts in the scrapbook so Lorna can go back and add whatever she wants to say about each picture. The title is actually the words to a song that is played during Mardi Gras.
So There ya have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment