Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Youth Of Folly

Subtitled: That Is One Manly Man Layout!
Sup! Okay, so this LO was starting out to be a sketch challenge but once I incorporated the zipper into it, the sketch went right out the window. 
I'll show you a close up of the zipper in just a sec. I did do a ton of embossing though, each one of the bricks is embossed with Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder in Fired Brick, so I decided to submit it to Colorful Creations Technique Of The Month - September
which is, of course, heat embossing. 


Okay, so stuff done: I cut a triangle out of the paper and glued in a zipper. I then put in pictures of Keith to look like they were sort of falling out. 
The bricks are Dusty Attic and are all heat embossed. The Title is a die cut from my Bigkick. I then painted the top to look patina'ed (sp?) and inked the bottom in Distress Vintage Photo after embossing it to have a wood grain. 

The journaling says, "Keith enjoying his folly filled youth. Long haired hippee..." I wrote it on a paper bag and used foam dots to make the bag look opened with gears spilling out onto the page. The bottom right is also a die cut from my Bigkick that I also did in patina. All in all, I think I succeeded in making it a very manly layout. 
There ya have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment