Friday, September 21, 2012

Sketchabilities #75 AKA Manly Man Layout! Arg!

Sup! Okay, I would have finished this layout WAY sooner except that I have been battling a toothache all week. Bummer man. Anywho, This is a layout of Keith's friend Martin (pronounced Mar-In) who Keith has known since high school. Mar-In, mostly referred to as Brotone, came to visit us just before Christmas this past year and stayed for a few months.
Don't let the length of time fool you, it was a wonderful visit, in no way intrusive. Brotone has a long haul shipping business. People buy cars in one state and need them transported to where they live and people like  Brotone haul them. Because he does so much traveling he has his own camper. We could not get him to sleep in the house no matter how we tried. He would come in to visit sure, but apart from getting coffee and taking a shower in the house, he kept to his own digs. I had to force him to give me his laundry to do. I watched that boy dump all his clothes into the washer once and could not take it. He now knows my obsession with clean, smell good laundry.
Well, that was a rant wasn't it. When Brotone left all he left behind was his note, the coffee cup he used and his shower scrubbie. I took a pic of it and this layout was born.
I used Sketchabilities sketch #75 as a starting point:
My take on the sketch looks like this:
I did not follow the sketch too closely as I don't usually make layouts with a lot of pics. 3 is about the most I will use. I also needed this to be  a manly layout, since Brotone is one manly dude so no flowers either.



I think I nailed the manly, burlyness at any rate.
I am going to start listing supplies used a little differently.
Paper - Kaisercraft Little Miss Missmatch and Sears & Son.
Letters - Prima
Embellies - Basic Grey metal pins, Industrial Chic metal accents. Kaisercraft poloroid thingies.
Stamps - PaperArtsy

This is my first time using Kaisercraft and I rather like their papers. If you have not used PaperArtsy stamps then check them out. GREAT stamps. They leave wonderful impressions. You would think you were using wood stamps. Industrial Chic is cool, I usually find their stuff in jewelry sections of craft stores but their stuff lends itself to scrapbooking as well.

Well, there ya have it.


5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch thanks for joining in at Sketchabilites cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely did a great job of making the layout masculine. I really like all the papers you used and that you made the center area wider than the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the layout, Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities!! Please consider using comment moderation instead of word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout!Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures and colors.Thank you for playing along at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete