Saturday, February 16, 2013

Look Ma!

Okay, so this next Shadowbox I just finished as a gift to my mom. Okay so the gift was a little late, her birthday was Monday and I finished it yesterday, Friday. I did also make her a card which she did get on her birthday....
Here is the full shot. I combined photos of family and her with trinkets, many of which represent some aspect of her life.
I used a Tim Holtz Configuration box and painted the outside of the box and the edges of each of the little boxes comprising it. For the paint I went over the area first with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and then went over the area again with Adirondack Metallics in gold. I covered each individual box on the interior sides as well as the back. I used Basic Grey's Lucille collection which I think may be my favorite of the Basic Grey lines.
If you are planning on doing your own here are some helpful hints for you. First, the boxes are only a few different shapes and sizes so once you measure out one to cut the papers write the measurements of the other same sized boxes down in the boxes, that way when you come to that box the measurements are right there.
To cover the entire inside of the box add in the measurements of the inside edges to your square to cut, in this case the inside edges are all 11/16 so add that twice to width and height. Score the same distance on the cut squares, fold and cut off excess and viola!
Glue boxes down to the big outer box as you go. I learned this the hard way.
I discovered a new glue that has all but replaced my hot glue gun AND super glue! E6000. I comes in a grey tube. This stuff is the SHIZZLE!!! I am telling you, it will hold down anything. I am in love with it. I did not use my hot glue gun once for this project.



Some close ups.
And another look at the whole again.
Well, there ya have it!
......
WAIT!!!! Here is the card I sent my mom in advance of this gift.
It was my first time adding lace around the outside of a card. I ran it under the papers on the inside. The base is Bazzill Basics A7 and the papers are Cosmo Cricket Art Angel. Here is the inside.

Okay now really, for reals I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment