Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Look Ma! I Made This! Part 2

Sup! So while in my card making frenzy, I get a message from a friend who lives in New Orleans. She is pregnant and wanting to make her own birth announcements, thank you cards, etc. She is exceptionally crafty so this won't be an issue for her but there are literally NO scrapbooking stores in the Greater New Olreans Metropolitan Area. Sad. So she will not have the benefit of going into one of these shops and chatting cards.
So I am trying to give her web sites to visit and introduce her to products and everything long distance. I decided to make a few mock up baby announcement cards and if she likes one I can then give her specific directions on how to make them and what to buy. Here they are....
First is a flip it card. I love this concept. It is a hybrid between a full card (which baby announcements typically aren't) and a index card type style(which baby announcements typically are)
The front of the flip it part could be the baby's photo and the back could have the details (weight, height, etc).
Here is the back with the "deets" (this makes Keith laugh every time I say it). If I had this one to do again I would not ink the edges. Live and learn man. These papers are a mix of Graphic 45 Little Darlings and Crate Paper Little ....... shoot! The boy baby one.... I cant remember the name.
Plenty of decorating possibilities for this style card here is the backside.
Next is a one piece, index card style announcement. The onsie is a stamp I gave her that I fussy cut out and hung from some bakers twine to mimic a clothes line. The photo could be tucked into a pocket and the details could appear on the pocket.
Yes, that is a photo of my pooch in there. I have no baby photos apart from the one I used above so I put Elwood in there...... This is the back of this card.
The smaller stamp photos could be used as well and in the middle the words Special Delivery could be stamped.
Next is another flip it card because frankly, I love that concept.
This one has the same basic premise except that the photo would appear on the back of the flippy part and would be tucked into a pocket so it could be removed. The details would appear next to the photo on the main body of the card. I used a lot of the stamps from Graphic 45's Little Darling's collection.
Oh yeah, the background papers are Authentique's Renew Collection. Not baby related at all but very pretty. The construction on this card is just sad. I was trying to get the box off in the mail so I was slapping this bad boy together at the speed of light. The idea came to me while having a text conversation with her husband about unicorns farting glitter. Don't ask.
See! Those little stamp photos are so cute!
Yes, on this one I was plum out of photos so I drew in a theoretical baby. More importantly, I made that pocket myself. Measurements and all! Go me! Go me!
I also made her a thank you card but I did not take a picture of it so I can't show it. I am kinda bummed. I have photos of all my work. Oh well. Move on Mari!
Well, there ya have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment