Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Step Card....Or Two

Sup!
So, in my ever constant perusing of Pintrest and, blogs I find on Pintrest I stumbled upon Step cards. Both the Center step card, the Side Step Card and all of the many variants that exist. Why had I not seen this glorious creation prior to now? Okay, no need to fret, you have discovered them now and that is all that matters.
Since my Mother In Law's birthday and anniversary were coming up I decided I would create a step card for the occasion. What I ended up creating was two. Have a look see.
Since her anniversary was a day after her birthday I wanted to make two cards that sit together. Here is the birthday card.

And here is her anniversary card.
They were a lot of fun to make. I found a tutorial online, there are a ton out there but the on I used was at Splitcoast Stampers and can be found here. Although I want to be clear, I used different measurements as I wanted my cards to be bigger but the concept I got from that great tutorial. I also needed to add a piece of stabilizing card stock on the bottom due to the heaviness of my embellishments. Should you want to make your own and need help just shoot me an email. I'd be happy to give you a hand.

I found some Kaisercraft rub ons that were applicable so each side has a saying just below the stamped salutations.


I also decorated the backside of each card
So here's the problem, these bad boys don't fold, bend or otherwise convert into any other shape for transport in the mail. Yup..... So what I am going to do is wrap the hell out of them in bubble wrap and mark the box they are in fragile, do not stack, this side up and any other terminology I think might help them travel from Arizona to Connecticut safely........ I will let you know how it goes.

Well there ya have it, if you are thinking of making a step card, go for it. They are a fun alternative to the normal card.

No comments:

Post a Comment