Friday, August 31, 2012

My Creative Sketches - August Sketch

Sup! Here is the August sketch over at My Creative Sketches.
Here is my take on it:
This LO is of my grandma when she was 18. The journaling talks about how I never knew her brothers had called her Tressa, a variation on Teresa, while growing up.
I am particularly proud of this LO because of the work I did on the chipboard bricks I got from Dusty Attic.

I used Tim Holtz Distress ink, embossing powder and stickles in vintage photo. I also spruced up the flowers with Liquid Pearls in Bisque. The title is also done in Liquid Pearls Bisque.


There ya have it.

7 comments:

  1. Wow...gorgeous page!! I love the bricks!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! fabulous bricks! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the bricks, as well as how you did the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page! Your grandma was a looker! Love the technique on the chappie, ans thanks so much for joining in the fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful layout and beautiful old photo of your grandma. You are lucky to have it. You put a lot of work and details into this layout to make it special. Thanks for sharing it and for playing along at My Creative Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page & photo!u did a fab job on the DA bricks! Thanx for playing at My Creative Sketches

    ReplyDelete